maandag 13 april 2009

Your life's a movie, my life's a poem

Haphazardly your eyes dilate to a diameter of almost the size of your big toe
- which shines through the nakedness of your April dress,
wearing thin Winter's depression of my manhood -
as the screen flashes red and green and yellow and purple
and
love love love is written all over the fixation of another movie.
Rapture screens your face and negates reality sitting next to you.
Stardom is as fantastic as it is real in anyone's mind.

No drastic measures are necessary, or are even welcome
in a house as blissful as a romantic comedy's positive plot alterations.
Therefore I keep quiet and enjoy everything there is to your dreams
while reluctance and a bubble of nerves forward the imagery
until your smile climaxes along with my stomach and the ending.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. The title reminds me of Barzin... but I suppose that was partly intended, no? ^^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Seeing what influence the music has had on my state of mind, I suppose it was mostly unintentionally intended.

    ^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen