vrijdag 3 september 2010

Poèmes de Paris

I carefully caress you
- in a way I hadn’t deemed possible –
And you shudder like shellshock.
You erupt what seems ten thousand times.
On a diet of mafia cigarettes
Tom Waits sings his songs,
And we both know they’re about us;
This is our life in rooms.

Without confines we find ourselves unnaturally bound.
Your beauty is exasperating and becomes inexplicably untouchable.
Outside our vacuum my body is dysfunctional;
Within our vacuum of peace,
Sometimes violent, when you command,
Sometimes purely loving,
My body cries of lands undiscovered and history yet to come.
Outside our confines, within the greatest liberty thinkable,
We hunker for our terrain vague,
And every single daydream is a poem written about our seclusion.

The existence of our vacuum dissolves
And my soul flows along unwillingly.
My greatest hero is your ego,
The greatest villain is your time.

It all ends where you leave.



~~~



Traffic in Paris

I overlook an eternity of desire, ahead.

Our bed is broken, my back destroyed, our hearts finally mended.
Decisively we head for our next non-destination,
As we keep falling through the floors and ceilings until everything becomes one again,
The room and its floor, its ceiling and its curtains,
Its wasted years waiting for love,
It all becomes your gazing brown eyes, as big as the room itself,
As big as Paris,
Always asking me what I’m thinking of until they reside,
They reside in love’s vacuum where they find peace.

More days to come to hallucinate in lucidity.
Only a couple more days to come to wallow in your eyes
Yet an eternity of desire to write about them.



~~~



Leaving Paris

Where is my heart?

I’m here to exhume a body,
The body of the capital of my desire.
I can feel it press on my skin, like your cigarettes,
Paris,
Or the butts that are now left behind.
You are an elegy,
Paris,
With your sweet scent of sex
From hotel rooms that outlive
All of your creations.

Where is my heart?

I have lost it in the streets near Moulin Rouge.
This city is dead to me now.
Only my tears accompany me now
Through Montmartre,
Up the stairs to the Sacre Coeur.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten