zaterdag 16 mei 2009

Bakery Girl

Slippery day, boogie music, food for thought piled up in circles

Around me but the streets await me for my physical limitation.

You’re my breakfast, the best there is, and I dodge mental hurdles

Knowing that the smile of the whitest bread will bring compensation.


Between the platforms of parking spots and infrastructured violence,

Foul-mouthed drunkards and morning rapists, lies your estate

Of inside cheery charity and outside commercial diagrams.

Silently –or speechless– you hand me the shining jewelry, pre-made.


You start asking and I find you eye-dancing with my hesitation.

Non-conversationally, I wrap myself up in so many a heavy thing,

Always ending up with grain quality and workfloor dedication

While back home I find myself underneath the surface of everything.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten